Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rules got to be follow

3 posters

Go down

The rules got to be follow Empty The rules got to be follow

Post by lukicraft Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 am

The rules got to be followed its so many do not follow the rules and not be punished!

I have like if we follow the rules cus its dosent look like noone care.

lukicraft

Back to top Go down

The rules got to be follow Empty Re: The rules got to be follow

Post by anders287 Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 am

Well Ben ha sdecided to put punishment for ppl that uses caps, or spam especially, by muting them in all channels, and also if the other rules gets breaked, we have the jail, like if the player starts to disrespect admins, or jsut go out and be an ass. But still, people grief in the silence, and i found a grief on dudeowars new island, but pan coudlnt find any evidence in the logs, so people msut go out and patrol each other, and especially report the people that wishes nothing but grief and shit like that. And also, i dont think its so efficient to post this, as nearly a quarter of the server is really active on the forums, go out in the game and talk to all the players, it will surely help.
anders287
anders287

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Good post my views are,

We have all done a good job in making sure that people follow the rules some very new players actually dont know the term 'grief' and for others breaking the rules is quite easy so the temptation is too great. Of all the rules that are broken the worst for me is when i see those promoted to higher ranks abusing thier powers.

What can be done to help players?
Well for one teach the new players the rules of the server make them understand that if they break the rules there will be consiquencies.
Keep a close eye on new players, when you invite someone to your town make sure you trust them.
When you visit someones build take some string with you and right click, if the region is not protected let them know. One thing you will notice like i have is that all admins and owners are happy to drop everything they are doing to region a place this is because we all know how important it is.

The new server!
Ye, i know i keep going on about the new server but the reason is we the owners have more control over it. The changes we are making should help us all in making sure all Pandorians follow the rules.
For one creative will be kept separatly in its own world. Another thing pvp will be switch off on all worlds except faction & custom map world.
Something else i have been working on (in secret) is i have created a little database that stores all block placement and removal. I have injected this into the server and with the command /blocklog or /bl it will tell you to punch a block (a bit like /cprivate) when you punch a block it will tell you everything that has been placed and removed from that coordinate and by who. Once i have ironed out the bugs this command will be available for owners, admins & moderators.

So ye long story short,
1) Everyone help everyone else to know the rules
2) Keep an eye out for rule breakers and report it
3) Those with power are in power for a reason to help everyone else. Make sure you do this & do not abuse that power.
4) Protect everything you build and everyone else builds
5) Things will get better

Admin
Admin

https://pandoramc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum