Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jumping to Conclusions?

4 posters

Go down

Jumping to Conclusions? Empty Jumping to Conclusions?

Post by Rebel_Sniper Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 am

Why is it that people jump to conclusions? The first thing people think when they see my acro level is "Oh, he cheated." It's called thinking about how to train. It really is not that hard to figure out.

And how does one "cheat?" Mods to raise level? None exist. Fly mods? Blocked, and how would it help? Xray? Yeah, I xrayed my acro level up. I see absolutely no way to cheat, so why do people, when they cannot explain something, jump to that conclusion?

This has nothing to do with my levels being reset, I don't know why that was. This has to do with many people asking "How do you do that acro glitch?" or "You got reset for acro cheating" [...later from same person] "I don't know why you got reset."

If you don't trust me, which clearly most of the server does not, you can ask Pan. I told him how I do it and he said it was logical. This was a method I figured out on a random server I played on many months ago. It took me about 30 minutes. The reason it works so quickly is because from there I perfected it. This took time, but the basics of it are simple. I'm not calling people dumb for not figuring it out, I'm just saying people have clearly closed their minds to the idea that it can be done without 'l33t CHeat HAx!'

Now instead of following me around, tping to me, and calling me a cheater, why don't you figure out how to do it yourselves? Or go talk to someone who does use non-vanilla methods to raise their levels. There are some, although I don't mind it at all, unlike many of you who seem to mind me. I really don't know what it is about someone using their brain to be successful. People don't like it. Go call Bill Gates a cheater.

And before you say "if it's legit then tell us," why should I have to tell you? Look at the real world. If someone makes something good, they copyright it. If people think a company has done something illegal, does everyone get to rush into the factory? No. They have inspectors, or investigators get a warrant.

I can understand why people want to know how I do it. If someone got a very high taming level or something like that, I would want to know how they did it too. But would I call them a cheater, especially after they told an owner how they did it? No.

And this is the part of the rant where the timid poster, afraid to put his opinion out there, says "sorry for the rant." None of that. The only thing I'm sorry about is saying 'everyone' or 'all' when some people accept the fact that I put time and effort into coming up with the design of this method (not all by me,) and put hours into training.

If you are one of the majority who thinks I cheated, please, leave a post. I want to see why people think what they do. And don't worry about sticking out. I know most people like to follow the crowd, so you don't have to worry about being in the minority or having someone strongly disagree with you. Tell me what you think is more plausible than doing it legit. I tried to think of how I could cheat, and I can't come up with anything. If people think I cheated, they probably have a method in their head of how I did such a thing, right? Wrong. They jump to conclusions.

Also, a Moderator might want to move this topic. It's not directly faction related, but this is where the issue is occurring and where people seem to care the most. Seemed like an ok spot to put it, but if a Moderator or Admin knows a better location, that is ok.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Jumping to Conclusions? Empty Re: Jumping to Conclusions?

Post by jramos037 Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:36 am

*clap clap*

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:13 pm

yes it was me who said this was cheating and yes i still think it is in anyother game this would be at a min bug abuse and i aslo said pan had been messing with the configs trying to remove some still to preven an uneven advantage in factions and COUL of been the reason for the reset in EVERYONES ranks

now back you you "methord" i was there when you told pan and yes he said it was on but pan is way too soft and evren if we say it is allowed hypotheticly the methord you use if a deffinate brech of the no spamming rule and as such would get you a temp ban but if your not bothered about been banned next time i wont give you the warning or advice ill just ban you yes? becaiuse it very annoying when all you get

X just hit the ground hard

{continuse for 30+mins}
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:53 pm

The reset of your stats was my fault ish Rebel.
I modified the config so that there was a cap on each of the abilities.
In particular I wanted a cap of just 1 on sword skills and unarmed combat skills, this i thought would stop the use of the strike ability thingy that is overpowered and could cause players in the faction world to have a disadvantage ( something i have always wanted to avoid ).

After hearing your stats are gone i checked the stat files and they were not corrupt in anyway so i did a googly.
It turns out that if a player reaches the cap limit, mcmmo freaks out and the following can occur;
Player stats look like they have reset - is not always the player that went over the cap and does not even have to be of that skill
Server crashes - with no messages it just bombs out (on console the server even looks like its still up)

Well we have had both things happen since i changed the config Sad

I have removed the level caps (your stats should be restored) and nurf’ed the refreshability on the two main things so it can not be used as often but this will not stop it from being used,

I cant help thinking that we could just remove the ability altogether by deleting it from the config, could be worth a try? Because if that does not work we may have to think about removing mcmmo altogether.

Regarding the way you build up this stat;
You explained how this was done and I explained to those who wanted to know that it was not a cheat/ glitch. The idea is so simple and there is no reason why other people can not do it,
I consider doing it over & over again the same I would if someone decided to dig up random dirt just to get ranked up.

When you do train in this skill Rebel it does fill up the screen with your deaths and is considered spamming. I would like to make it clear that Rebel told me about this way before there were any complaints, he asked if I could take death messages off for him to stop people complaining and when I said i couldn’t he decided he would only level up when the server has minimal players.
I have seen chat logs showing a player complaining about the death messages and when that happened Rebel was happy to stop.

I request any player who is online when death messages appear to just ask the player nicely to stop, if they don’t then report it as the player will get warnings then a ban but I am sure if asked nicely most players like Rebel would be happy to stop until there is a quieter time on the server.

edit:// just to note any different ruling the owners or admins wish to give is fine by me.

Admin
Admin

https://pandoramc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel_Sniper Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:32 am

Thank you Pan.

And Atty, I'm not mad at you, I just wanted to use what you said as an example. I'm not mad at anyone, although I realize I may have come off that way. I just want to understand why people think I am cheating so I can best show them I am not. I cannot seek to start an argument if I do not know both sides.

Also, I did not realize there was a level cap option. I though it was at 1000 for all skills, but when I realized this was not the case, I found more OP aspects of skills. Acrobatics is one of the biggest offenders. With level 1000 acrobatics, there is a 20% dodge chance. Not too OP, considering the 30% damage reduction in enemy territory is still stronger than this. The issue is, this means at 5000 you are unhittable. I could probably get this in under a month. This brings an interesting solution to mind I think everyone will like.

Cap acrobatics at 1000. This will solve two issues. One, it will solve the OP issue as players will not be able to get higher than 20% dodge chance. Second, I will not be able to get way past other players who do not know my method. They could use another method and still catch me, although it may take a bit longer. Also, I am nearly there, so the chat spam will stop soon.

Additionally, when this method gets out, which I know it will, the chat won't be spammed 24/7 for months. Players can get 1000 in under a week if they play enough, so less spam.

Finally, if a player sees me doing the "method" and they tell me to stop, I don't always see it. I do it in F1 mode so I can't see the chat because friends would often log on and I would stop to talk to them for 10+ minutes. I really enjoy talking to people, but I can't train and talk. Eventually I was doing more talking than training. I can still see the chat, but only for the ~1 second when I am on the death screen. I don't always see the complaints.

If an Admin sees this, just kick me from the game. That I will notice. This way, people are not annoyed and I can go do something else on the server instead of staring at "You are banned." I have no issue with stopping for people, but sometimes I'm close to my nightly goal and I really push it. No one is perfect, and I would like to extend an apology to anyone who I annoyed to the point of caps or over 10 '!' at the end of sentences. To those people, I say I am nearly done, and don't mind slowing down for you.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum