Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maintenance Day

5 posters

Go down

Maintenance Day Empty Maintenance Day

Post by Admin Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:03 am

On Sunday 5th February I will be taking the server offline for most of the day. This is so we can do some much needed maintenance on the server. Some if not all the plugins we have installed are outdated, the permissions we have set up are not adequate and maps warps need to be reset. On Sunday I plan to do all the updates, sort the errors, correct the permissions, make the server stable, add some more plugins and an owner would like to reward those most trusted with a new ranking system (no need to apply as we know who you are).

What you will find will happen on Sunday is that the server will be up and down, this will happen with no notice and although I will be online I will not be communicating until its done so please don’t ask me or the owners for help. I do apologies for this downtime but trust me when I say it is needed and the server will be better for it, we are doing it for you.

I do hope that many of you read this post and reply to it with any problems you have had and also any plugins you would like installed or anyway we can make the server more entertaining for you to play on.

Thx,

Admin
Admin

https://pandoramc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Maintenance Day Empty Re: Maintenance Day

Post by aaaasdasdsad Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:48 am

Looking forward for this Very Happy

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by jramos037 Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:05 am

add borders to faction world.

not sure what would be an adequate size for faction world but id say 4000x4000

meaning a person can go to -4000x -4000z and go to 4000x 4000z and go to -4000x 4000z and im sure you get the idea. also, if possible, add a cool down time to teleport, id say 5 seconds and they can't move while the seconds are counting...

and also

here's one that i just thought of and im not sure if it'd be a good idea or not

but a skylands faction world with boats that can fly. the plugin atty uses. not sure what its called. but miniature air battles might be interesting but at the same time... im not sure how skylands may be. whether itll be more trouble than fun for the users. but thats just a thought, ... a spur of the moment type of thing. it may seem cool now but it might prove disasterous when installed so think heavily on it before installing.

as for the borders, i think that should be added to new faction map =)

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:49 am

Skypirates it allows you tofly abd drill holes

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 am

yes i use my server for testing also with pans permission ill offer up my server for our users to use on that day ill only post the link if allowed if not sorry
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:46 am

One plugin suggestion Smile tnt mod

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, please keep them coming.
Please note due to availability this will now take place on Saturday 4th February. I will be whitelisting the whitelist to stop players who don’t read the forums coming on and trying to play while we are fixing things. We will try to start early ish as the main bulk of players are in the states and come on in the evening and I hope by that time we will be finished.

Jr consider the boarders done, I like this idea and hopefully everyone else will agree. I can and will add the teleport cool down.

The skypirates sounds interesting and I know Pandorians have been eager for some kind of flying ability I will look into this, ideally see it actually being used on Attys server.

Sorry I have not been on your server before Atty. I am not sure what kind of set up you have? I will try and make the effort sometime this week.
Thank you for offering your server during this downtime I would most definitely like to take you up on this offer and maybe we can chat a little more about setting something up on a more permanent basis? I have a few ideas to run by you.

Any mod that has the word tnt in it can not be good and seeing as this is the only word for the mod you suggested hasan I think I will have to say no. If you were actually serious about this then please let me know exactly why you think it will be good for our server.

I mentioned the whitelisting above and the work that we need to do is a fair amount but it can be done a lot quicker if I can get some volunteers : ) If you think you can help out then please let me know it will be very boring for you but should not take up to much of your time and will be very helpful to me.

Volunteers to do:-
Faction world – copy the church, set the boarders, region’ing, safe guard the church.
Permissions – Go through each rank over and over to make sure the permissions are set correctly.
Plugins – Test the new plugins we will install to make sure they are functioning correctly.
Research – Google plugins, permission nodes & error messages.

Thx guys,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:14 am

my server is set up like pandora a main world creative world and factions world but my few members hang about in creative im willing to let you use ther server how you wish even to advertize to get new players before they move to pandora im willing to give console accses to Jr pan kie and ben so they can do as thye see fit you can even totaly reformat it if you wish the only condition is the user BennyB91 always have full accsess (op)

as for the volenteering i can do all the listed job

Faction world – thats a 2 min jobs can do it in my sleep

Permissions – i have this on my server and i find it easy now bit hard for a firsty

Plugins – we can do this on my server

Research – i always google plugin stuff why i know a load of commands
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:58 am

6 people having console? Lawl and I have a plugin suggestion ''MAZE" we can try that

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 am

Well I was being serious about the tnt mod and I was only suggesting it for factions. I also have two more suggestions for factions 1.elemental arrows and two elemental creepers and like I said these are faction only plugins.

I would also like to help on saturday as testing out plugins and checking if they work.

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by NFFCBen Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:00 am

How are you going to do this pan? Temp password change so they can do it? And reply on owners chat...

NFFCBen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm

How I see it working is like this

The main bulk of the work will happen behind the scenes, the upgrade and installation of plugins and the modification of permissions files. Kierito will be taking lead with me guiding him through the process once he feels comfortable that everything is looking ok we will pop onto Atty’s server and bring in the troops (atty, jr, hasan). If atty & jr could tackle importing the worlds and preparing the faction world by copying the church, fixing walls, importing the pvp arena etc. Hasan we will use you by demoting you to guest and getting you to try all commands going through each rank to find any permissions problems and testing the new plugins. The rest of the stuff we will just see how it goes, as for temp passwords for console & ftp this wont work as you can only have one user at a time on console and ftp would become a mess without good control of who is modifying what.
Ben I know you mentioned you might have some time free on Saturday and although I have not included you above I it would be great to see you and I know your help will make this be so much easier but at the same time please don’t feel you have to.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm

May as well move this here from owners chat
------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to do:-

Permissions – Majority complete
Teleport cool down
Faction /f bypass
Custom ranks permission
Pandorian rank modification
mv tp [world] (if can not get warp to work)
Do not allow experience points to be transferred between worlds.
Do not remove enchantment if player leaves the world that it was created on.
losing faction power in all worlds not just faction.
Admins unable to you //undo
unable to //set ironore

Files Complete
Deletion of worlds that are not used.
Creation of new worlds (new custom map, new faction map, new temp map (use cleanroom, and only give jr, atty, kie & ben permission)

Plugins Complete
Update all plugins
Shop plugin
Skypirate plugin
War plugin (unlikely)
Fishing plugin
Lottery plugin
Maze plugin (I think we already have something like this, but never been used)
Tnt plugin (I think the pandorians just wanna see more explosions, death and carnage maybe look into a complete buddle that will take care of this)
Precious Stones plugin
mob arena plugin
console scheduler plugin

Config files
On hold
Ranks for custom world
New fruitmachines

Worlds Complete
Faction world setup
Nether
The_end

On hold
Skylands
Pandora (old)

Last edited by Admin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : updated 07/02/12)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:34 am

i have a full list of all nodes used by the major plugins

-World Guard
-World Edit
-Command Book
-Permissions
-False Book
-Sky Pirates

i have thease cos im updating my server world to just creative main world and 1 normal servivor world so if you want you can email me your current permissions files and ill have a look and edit before sunday and ill also look into the nodes for your plugins as well im doing mine per rank no inheritance so up to you my email is emo_baby_29@yahoo.com if you sent them ill look if you dont its ok
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:17 am

Thx atty any help would be great, although from the list you placed the only node problem i have would be with sky pirates but that would be because i have not even looked at it yet.
I will email you the permissions files if you like (we have 4 dif files for dif worlds) our set up is not as straight foward as other servers just to make things extra confusing lol.

Out of all that is planned and the work that will go on the only thing that is most important that i have no idea on how to fix would be

Do not allow experience points to be transferred between worlds.
Do not remove enchantment if player leaves the world that it was created on.

If anyone can think of a way to solve this problem then please say Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am

ye i know about your complex permissions lol just look at the 1 file at a time and i mean ill go over all the nodes and check them out and tinker with them ill also look into the issues you have but i have a feeling they might be a problem with mincraft its self and not plugin related
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:44 am

UPDATE
Multi Inv has a setting in config to split exp by world so that should fix one problem
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:53 pm

i pulled a minecraft all nighter so might have to start a little later than i hoped Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:55 am

Enchantment problem is solved pan. =)

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I would like to quickly shout out to Atty for all the work he did in helping getting the server up and running. The majority of the work that was planned has been completed ( see page 1 ) and the bits that were not complete are considered minor.

We do have a few tweaks and bugs (permissions mainly) so if you do notice anything please make sure Atty or I are aware and we will try to fix it when we can.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:42 am

You lose enchantments after you win or die in mob arena

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 pm

this is not a bug as i could find the best suggestion is put all items in a chest before leaving a world or doing mob arena
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Atty i wonder if you can test something for me if you get time as for some reason pigsaddle will not release the new bukkit build R4 and I think your server keeps updated.

This build is meant to fix the resetting of multi world warps after a server crash and fix the enchantment disappearing when going from world to world

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atty29 Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 am

i dont have multi world on mine m8 but it dose have R4 i believe what file will you need for the update?
Atty29
Atty29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum