Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How a Faction Champion is Awarded

5 posters

Go down

How a Faction Champion is Awarded Empty How a Faction Champion is Awarded

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 am

I thought I would start a thread regarding faction seasons and leaders how points and each season works.
These are just my ideas and would love for any input, agreement or changes you think should happen before I start a league table.

Each season is a refresh of the map.

The person who is crowned champions of the previous season is current champions of the new map until they have fewer points than another faction.

A point is added to a team that kills a player of another faction.
A point is added to a team that attempts to enter a base
3 points added to a team that does multiple kills
3 points added to a team that enters an enemy’s base
3 points added to a team that infiltrates an enemy’s base (spy)
5 points added if a team destroys an enemy’s chest room
10 points added if a team claims an enemy’s home

Based on the info above BlitzGrief were champions last season and Scout are the current champions.

Admin
Admin

https://pandoramc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How a Faction Champion is Awarded Empty Re: How a Faction Champion is Awarded

Post by jramos037 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 am

how long are each season or do we just wing it? also, are there for sure ways of monitoring when people actually do this? like does it show up on console or logs?

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Pan said something about ingame viewing command that's only for admins.I guess they will post it Very Happy

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:32 pm

There is a way to view who did what but not everything and it is a pain to monitor. I was just thinking people would just tell me or post if they have received any points if anyone contests that it didn’t happen then I could check the logs.

Ye, i think each season should be based on a few factors like we changed old map because blitzgrief became unstoppable I think we could all agree. So if another faction becomes too powerful and the other teams agree that they can not be destroyed then we will close the season, also other reason may occur like this current season will most probably end when new update is out so we can get a jungle faction world

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jramos037 Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 am

this is good and yet not good. some of us don't want to disclose what we've done to other factions. atleast not yet.

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 am

I was thinking about that and only thing i could come up with was that if we had an admin in the faction world he can keep an eye on things and tally up the scores
we can report to him any points we think we have gained.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 am

A lot of lies will go around them...

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am

If anyone is keeping count we can add the following activities;

Scout:
Multiple kills ( against coolcats)
Entered enemy base ( against coolcats)

Locura:
Enemy kill ( against Scout )

Solaris:
Mulitple kills ( against bulldogs )
Entered enemy base ( against bulldogs )
Destroyed enemy chest room ( against bulldogs )
Claimed enemies home ( against bulldogs )

Things will need tweaking if we wish to make a league type system and i only want to continue doing it if you guys want this. I would also like to see
the introduction of negative points go to the team that were attacked.

The current table looks something like this:

1st
Solaris

2nd
Scout

3rd
Bulldogs

4th
locura

5th
Coolcats

6th
Toastyz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:42 am

Another attack:

Scout:
Destroyed enemy chest room ( against Coolcats )
Claimed enemies home ( against Coolcats )

Changes the table as the following:

1st
Scout

2nd
Solaris

3rd
Bulldogs

4th
locura

5th
Coolcats

6th
Toastyz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 am

Scouts is out... Well done Solaris

New attack:

Solaris enters base
Solaris kills players multiple times
Solaris claims base
Solaris destroys chest room
Solaris claims enemy home
Solaris kills players of faction

Well done. I'm out...

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 am

And i do think its unfair jr uses double accounts since no one else has 2

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by jramos037 Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:02 am

RANT ALERT:

if you feel that way, then i will not use asclepias for quick tp. i only used him for quick tp from home base to scout base so that i can store items faster. i believe either way, i would have stored all of your items sooner or later. also, i use asclepias to afk with because since jramos037 is an admin, he gets the afk status and in turn, picking up items are disabled. and since i use asclepias, i actually still use up resources since asclepias wears iron armor and swords and etc as well.

i did not though, in anyway use asclepias to some how get in your base to get through your obsidian. let me tell you the hardship me and partially danny went through getting through your partially obsidian'd walls.

first, i had to find your base. i had found two areas that had lands claimed by scout. as usual, i was surpicious because these were just single/two lands claimed. after further investigation(little tnt action), i found out that they weren't your base. the third try, i finally found your base... the one with all the lands claimed. at first i attacked your surface base with a little tnt cannon action and destroyed the chest that was in that house. then i went to the little island entrance you guys had. since not all of it was covered in obsidian, it wasn't hard to lure a creeper to it and blow the unobsidian'd, unwatered parts. at first i thought that was easy... so i went down your ladders and found myself just at the beginning of what could be the most epic raid i had ever done.

and so... i opened the first door with the button and got stuck at the second door. i was able to break the second door for a split second and flip a lever which i thought would open the second door, but instead... sealed me in a watery trap. i tried desperately to break the door again and flip the lever but it just didnt work out so i had to /f home before i died.

and so at home base, i geared up some more and grab much needed supplies. danny gladly logged on so we set off to the base. i started with what i do best... tnt cannons. i figured if i fired the tnt in the manner so that it exploded right before the door... it would still destroy it. i was able to destroy the stone and etc between the door entrance and me but was not able to destroy the doors. then with danny's brilliant raiding skills, he found a hole that was able to get us inside. The hole was where the redstone wiring was for the piston. when we were inside, rocketman logged in and he acted faster than us at the beginning and blocked our exit. first thing i thought that needed to be done was for danny to claim the land where our tnt cannon was. so i had him do that mission. while he was doing that, rocket destroyed the top block of the wall that he created to trap me. i shot arrows at him first then i realized i had ender pearls. so as soon as he had his back turned, i used an ender pearl but he was able to put another block between us. Even with his blockade, i was still able to attack him becuase he did not place a block to cover the top part, leaving his upperbody exposed to my diamond sword. so i killed him and quickly searched for their respawn area. i quickly spotted it as it was just behind me and killed him 3 times, leaving him at -2 and their faction power at 27/27/40. i only needed to kill him one more time but he did not log back in. after realizing he was not going to log back in, we decided to try and lure creepers in that little hole lol. believe me... it was tough. after about 15 or so creepers, we were only able to destroy half a double chest. after that area started filling up with water and creepers were getting harder to lure up due to obstacles... i decided to continue tnt cannoning. Due to weird behaviors with tnt cannons... was able to blow the top part of the obsidian(blow up the stone, not the obsidian). After destroying the gold block on their fridge, danny had to leave. i then camp in their base waiting for a scout member to log back on. like 4 hours later or more... hasan finally logs on and he was in main world. using my psychology techniques, i asked him if he has seen his base recently. knowing full well how the common human would react to that, of course he teleported to his base where i killed him repeatedly. i was the able to claim Scouts land and destroy their base. Hopefully this sends a message to all the evil-doers... don't F*CK with Solaris -.-

If any enemy faction wants to neutral us, let me know... I will be up for a truce. Otherwise, if you are looking for a challenge and want to end up like Bulldogs or Scout, then by all means... enemy us =)

Just remember, 99.9% of bases are raidable. It just takes time, patience, resources, and whatever... i dunno.

Don't feel like proofreading so sorry for any typos and grammo's

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Ye, i too have thought about the annoyance of mulit accounts, or mainly, accounts that are used for power gain but the account is not actually used so that player will give a +10 power to the faction with enemies unable to lower this. That was my thought but I have seen no evidence of this getting out of control, I too played with a multi account which i must say i abused. I kept Pandora in jrs mob grinder for ages collecting items and would just tp to her pick up the items then tp out.

I loved reading the account of the raid above it really set the scene and well done on the raiding sounds like scouts done a great job in trying to protect their base but goes to show that all bases have weaknesses it just takes time to find them (would love to hear stories of any other raids that occur in the future by any faction).

Where did we all go wrong? Well I think i can pin point the mistake. The scouts and bulldogs had the perfect opportunity to take out solaris but i felt sorry for them, danny was freaking that we were getting multi kills, we all had their f home surrounded and was just one creeper away from destroying ther chests. I was made to feel guilty so requested the withdrawal of everyone from the base and gave solaris time to regain their strength. Next time I will not let this happen!

I dont think there is a need to tally up points as at this time solaris appear the clear winners and will be tough for any faction to catch up ... but dont stop trying.

I will be giving it another go to raid Solaris and then do my usual thing of creating one big faction to attempt to take them out before the map is changed.
Solaris feel free to request a map change when you feel things are getting a little stagnant.

Well although season 2 is not finished yet (gonna refrain from saying congrats Wink), I just want to mention a few things about this map that went well and what should change.

The introduction of a boundary was a great idea and should be kept.
I love the idea of a league and although only a few were interested in points and it was hard to manage i would like to try again next season.
It was agreed that peaceful factions should not be made, so people got round this by just keeping everyone allies ( i really dont understand the point of this )
Not enough communication to people that they can not build factions in world, can not build past the faction wall, and requesting items, weather & day change in faction world can not be done. I think this is a lot better but probably will reappear when whitelisting is off.
People moaning that they have died, been griefed by other players or lost items. This is the purpose of the world if you dont like it dont play it.
Too many players joining one faction this should have at least been split up into 3 factions (talking about myself here).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jramos037 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 am

I am down with no multi-accounts but in doing so, can jramos037 be unop'd or unadmin'd.. for new faction map atleast. i can't afk with jramos037 in my current situation.

another thing that has been brought up are the use of glitches. in my opinion, certain glitches i feel are legitimate. only glitches i don't use are duplication(if that even still exists). i highly suggest you guys to do research on certain glitches in minecraft and try to find ways to defend against them. As of right now, all the glitches i use are defendable.

as for new faction map, when and if the time comes... i will do battle with Locura seeing that they are the only big faction left... of course unless a new big one is formed that is more organized. Just remember, like what panic says... every base has a weakness. Im sure you can find one with mine.

And panic, next time you are in my base, finish us xD. I wont hold it against you =). Just as long as you know... no one cheats.

Umm

other than that... i dont really know what else to say.

Anywho, Locura... i will speak to you in game to talk about this and try to have the most fun battle ever.

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by anders287 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:57 am

New update:
-Enemy kill against VAMPIRES (armalex17) 3
-Entered VAMPIRES base, no action done to the base 3
SUM for actions against VAMPIRES: 6

-(If points are added for this) Took all items from migrain while switchblademonky was watching ?
-Multiple kills against migrain (Switchblademonky) 3
-Claimed the whole house of migrain 10
-Destroyed the base of migrain and made the whole plot naturally generated (LOL) (look score above)
SUM for actions against migrain: 13

-Spy infiltration against JediOrder (BigStarWarsFan) 3
-Got into the base of JediOrder 3
-Multiple kills against JediOrder (BigStarWarsFan) 3
SUM for actions against JediOrder: 9

TOTAL SUM:
6+13+9=28
28 POINTS awarded to Scout BOOYA!
anders287
anders287

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 am

Thx anders, changes the table to the following:

1st
Scout

2nd
Solaris

3rd
Bulldogs

4th
locura

5th
Coolcats

6th
Toastyz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel_Sniper Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Solaris raided Locura. I claimed their chest room, it is Solaris land now. We did everything but get a kill.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 am

I had no idea you guys were enemies,
changes the table to the following:

1st
Solaris

2nd
Scout

3rd
Bulldogs

4th
locura

5th
Coolcats

6th
Toastyz

Solaris have defeated all major factions, because of this they are crowned winners of Season 2.

Congratulations guys.

Good luck for Season 3 all Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anders287 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:32 am

Scouts are still not defeated, only the main base is destroyed Smile
anders287
anders287

Back to top Go down