Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitches & Bugs. Tips & Tricks.

3 posters

Go down

Glitches & Bugs. Tips & Tricks. Empty Glitches & Bugs. Tips & Tricks.

Post by Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 pm

This was discussed in season 1 but I noticed some chatter on it last night so is worth setting the record straight.

Glitches/Bugs are allowed in the faction world. I will list the bugs i know so that other players can use them and an unfair advantage is not made.
Let me just first say ... things like f bypass, mods*, hacks, op commands are not glitches they are cheats if you are caught with them at best you will be banished from the world at worst a permanent ban.
*some mods are allowed please ask an owner or admin for clarification.

I am useless at explaining things when writing them but happy to show them at anytime.

Tip 1.
Up the river without a paddle
You can move between walls if there is just a 1 block gap
Build yourself a boat,
find a 1x1 hole in a wall,
place boat on the other side of the wall,
right click the boat and you will appear on the other side of the wall.

Tip 2.
Invisible Block jump
You can scale any protected wall.
Hold a block in your hand and face towards the wall.
Place block under your feet and jump.
Quickly place another block and jump again.
Repeat until you are over the wall.

Please add any other tips you know below Smile

Admin
Admin

https://pandoramc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Glitches & Bugs. Tips & Tricks. Empty Re: Glitches & Bugs. Tips & Tricks.

Post by aaaasdasdsad Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 am

Place a trap door and go in it anf flip it down then log off and you will spawn on a block on anywhere that you have space.

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by jramos037 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am

NICE! I was going to start one of these!

Enderpearl through door trick:
This is how I got into Rangers base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCSvzerT3A

I'll try to post more as well when I remember more.

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Glitches & Bugs. Tips & Tricks. Empty Mob Spawners (Guide for people with basic knowledge of mob spawners)

Post by jramos037 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 pm

As you know, there are many ways to make mob spawners. After raiding everyone and seeing everyone's mob spawner, i never knew there were so many ways to make it. Some more efficient than others.

Let me tell you some of the things I've learned when making mob spawners.

Building: Making a big hole, box, or carving the rooms for the mobspawner is tedious. It seriously takes a lot of patience but it is worth while in the end. The usual thing to do is build a canal that carry the mobs to a pit. I used to make canals flat and just use signs every 8 blocks to elongate the water flow but mobs tend to get stuck in the 2x1 space made by the signs and sometimes even despawn. Since I noticed this, I have gone back to the usual every 8 blocks go down 1 step. You can even do 7 so you dont have to keep putting water down (but I am stubborn and always do Cool. Also, make the rooms like 2-3 blocks tall.

Lighting: Make sure there is absolutely no light possible that can enter the mob spawner area. Seriously, no light what so ever. On the other hand, make sure that every place around the mob spawner area is lit up! What we want to do when creating mob spawners is to make sure mobs spawn in the mob spawner area and no where else. If certain rooms like caves near you are dark, mobs will spawn in them which in turn lessens the chances of mobs spawning in your mob spawner instead. This includes above your mob spawner. Make sure there's light up there or water up there. The idea basically is to make mobs spawn ONLY in your mob spawner and no where else.

Grinding Method: So far the lava blade has been the most efficient method for killing mobs. It's simple to make and allows for you to collect items afk without getting hurt.

Other things to note: Where you stand can also affect mob spawnings. Also, make multiple levels and sections. The bigger the spawner the better of course. Also, make sure you plan the spawner well. I've made like 10+ spawners already(or more) and I always screw up the math lol. It's not an easy 8x8x8. You need to take into account the canals, water flow limits, drop holes, etc.

All in all, good luck. Remember... these are just some things to consider when making a mob spawner. This is how I make it and may not be the best but so far.. it's good.

If I missed anything, whoops.

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 pm

When i infiltrated your mob spawner collection point with Pandora i did not think it was working correctly as the collections i was getting from her was minimal. After breaking into the spawner i noticed the size of it and the amount of mobs spawning was very impressive.
The yeild on my spawner was pretty high and followed the same theme as yours just wasnt as long.

I found the reason why Pandora did not collect that much from a post you made earlier jr, she was going /afk so not picking items up.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:01 am

hasan showed me how to make obsidian using redstone due to my old age i have forgotten but im sure he would explain it better anyway.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 am

very hard thing to explain :/

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum